Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Where to Put it?!!!


Ah, Spring! Will it ever get here?

This is what it looks like now here in sector Cap-de-la-Madeleine.

Yes, it snowed again. And we are running out of places to stack the darn stuff. The "mound" outside my front window, at its highest point, is over six feet high.

Truly, I have never seen so much snow in my life! It is EVERYWHERE.

This is the view from my back door and that's my garden shed, at the moment buried. (Good thing we took out all the snow shovels before all this started!)

What happens is, the plows come around in the wee hours of the morning and do the roads, but in the process leave a trail which amounts to yet another shoveling job just so you can get your car out.

Everyone's a bit weary of it now, longing for Spring. Me, too--and I'm already assembling my seed packets to start the indoor planting on March 19th, which is when most people here start theirs. Last year I think it was mid-June before it was safe to put the tomato plants directly into the earth. There were still little clumps of snow around in May.

Ah, Quebec, you gotta love it!!

No comments: